Patient & Visitors Guide
Friends and family members are welcome to visit patients between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Please check with the nursing station before entering an ICU patient room.
Please note: language interpretation services are provided free of charge for our patients at any NRMC location.
Please call 1.866.895.7374 (TTY: 1.800.735.2966).
View notice of assistance services (PDF).
Nevada Regional Medical Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
View notice of non-discrimination (PDF).
Please, carefully observe our visitation guidelines:
- We are a smoke free facility. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the campus.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- To maintain a healthy healing environment, visitors are allowed within medical reason.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors are encouraged to maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise. Visitors should consider both patients when visiting a shared room.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient. The patient has the right to request at least one visitor or support person be allowed to stay in the room to provide support and comfort when undergoing a procedure and the hospital will make the best effort to accommodate such requests where clinical situations permit.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors’ personal belongings may not be stored in patient rooms or visitor lounges. Those waiting to see patients are welcome to make themselves comfortable in the visitor lounges located on each patient floor and on the main floor of the hospital.
At NRMC, we understand the need to be close to family members during their hospital stay. However, due to our limited space, please spend the night only when your family member is seriously ill. Please give the nursing unit a telephone number where you can be reached, and the unit will contact you if conditions change. Please feel free to call at night to get an update from one of our nurses.
The unit’s phone numbers are as follows:
- Obstetrics: 417-448-3679
- Medical/Surgical: 417-448-3683
- Intensive Care Unit: 417-448-3678
- Behavioral Health Unit: 417-448-3677
- Emergency Room: 417-448-3681
ADDITIONAL AFTER-HOURS VISITOR RULES AND GUIDELINES
No inflatable mattresses, cots, sleeping bags or other bedding from outside the hospital are allowed. No coolers or cooking appliances are allowed. Food may be brought into the hospital but should not be left unattended. Waiting area furniture should not be moved. Waiting areas on inpatient floors are designated “quiet areas” from 9:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Please be aware that additional visiting policies apply to each specific nursing unit.
To view a specific visitor policy, please ask a nurse in that unit.
The NRMC Cafeteria not only provides meals for patients,
but has a range of breakfast, lunch and supper items. There are ready to go items such as sandwiches, salads and more. Hot meals range from pizza to burgers to a la carte meats, vegetables and more. NRMC strives to provide healthy food. The NRMC cafeteria is open to visitors on a daily basis and is located on the ground floor of the South Tower. Cafeteria hours are as follows:
- Hot Breakfast 6 - 9:30 a.m.
- Hot Lunch 10:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Doors are open for other items from 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
A vending machine is located near the admission/surgery waiting room and is always available. Vending machines are also located by the interior hospital entrance to Moore-Few Care Center and in the emergency waiting room.
Gift Shop hours are from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Gift Shop is operated by the NRMC Auxiliary and is located in the Main Lobby.
Gifts, flowers, balloons, greeting cards, snacks and sundries are available for patients and visitors. All proceeds benefit Nevada Regional Medical Center. To contact the Gift Shop, please call (417) 667-3355 ext. 1002.
Compliance and Ethics Hotline
Telephone: 877-472-2110 Website: http://lighthouse-services.com/nrmc